The Dixon Water Foundation partners with researchers at universities and non-profit organizations to monitor how the environment—from soil microbes to the overall watershed—are responding to our ranch management methods. Our grants also fund research initiatives that support our mission. Research partners have included USDA-NRCS, Audubon, Texas A&M AgriLife, Texas Tech University, the University of North Texas, Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory, Sul Ross State University’s Borderlands Research Institute, and Utah State University.
- Overview of Research Projects by Dr. Richard Teague with funds from Dixon Water Foundation
- Runoff reduced, water retention increased by multi-paddock grazing
- Small rodents rebounding at Mimms Unit
- Post-fire recovery of soil microbes at Mimms Unit
- Pronghorn restoration initiatives, including the 2014 Biennial Pronghorn Workshop
- North Texas Quail Corridor
- Audubon Texas Grassland Birds Initiative